Welcome to our Travel blog!

August 31, 2010

Gardiner, MT


This was our awesome campground in Gardiner, Eagle Creek. We were on top of a mountain and could see for miles. We could also see the north entrance to the park from here and it's Mammoth Hot Springs!
I smelled mint and I had to find it! I knew my nose wasn't fooling me. I was amazed when I looked down to find this wonderful smelling herb growing wild next to this creek. One afternoon Steve wanted to drive up a dirt road that ran next to the campground. He knew it led up the mountain, so off we went to discover what lay ahead! It was magnificent! Now we could see even more miles of Montana! There weren't many trees where our campground was nor were there many in the town, but up here there were plenty of beautiful evergreen trees!!

The North entrance to the park and Mammoth Hot Springs. One of the main highlights of Yellowstone! The rock around the springs is white, so it is easy to see from a great distance.There is a park sitting across from the entrance to the park where we found a family of elk lounging.

The town of Gardiner.